Saturday, July 13, 2002

This is the third day in a row that the temperature hit a high of 40c (104f). I guess summer is really here. Thank goodness my air conditioner is working and able to keep the indoor temperature at a livable 27c (80f).

Yesterday I forgot to mention an encounter that Lena shared with me. It seems that Mrs. Lena was at the Ani Plaza Hotel and ran into none other than Nune. She said that she immediately thought of me and if memory serves me correctly, she added that Nune is not all that beautiful. I guess it�s a matter of taste. She said she had her camera with her but didn�t take a picture.

What Lena didn�t know when she told me this was that my last trip to Yerevan included a date with Nune. Yes, you heard it right. I finally got a date with Nune and it was great!!! I�ve been planning this date for months and was just waiting for Nune to get back in town. She is such a simple woman. Nothing complicated about her. We just hung out together and talked over tuna-melt sandwiches and chips. Though it was a short date, it was wonderful and one of those memories I�ll probably cherish for the rest of my life. One thing that seemed to get in the way of her and I really opening up was her bodyguard Hagop. This is one bad looking guy with a really nice smile, but you can tell by looking at him that he could turn you into dolma filling with his bare hands.

Well now that I�ve got the two dates out of the way, I�ll have to work on a comparative report which I think is going to conclude that I�m right and Nune and Lena are not all that different.

No comments:

Post a Comment