Saturday, July 16, 2005

These last few days have been really flying by.

Four days ago, I took a trip to Artsakh to pick up my car, which I have not been driving for the 10 months since the bearings the camshaft turn on where in questionable condition. At the time I could not find the parts needed in Yerevan and I figured what the heck, winter was nearing and taking taxis was a much more desirable method of transportation.

Anyway, Lavrent fixed my engine last week and after sending new tires from Yerevan, I went to pick up the car since there is much running around in Armenia to do for my wedding.

My mom arrived a couple of nights ago and my fiancés sister and her kids yesterday afternoon, which meant visits to the airport.

It’s interesting to compare my mom’s flight from London to my sister-in-laws flight from Moscow.

The London flight had very few people (I’m not sure if this was because of the recent events there) and the Moscow flight was packed.

My mom’s flight landed and she was out in about 20 minutes, where my sister-in-law took well over an hour to get out. Of course this was probably because of the difference in quantities arriving.

Seven more days until my wedding. Though I don’t feel this overwhelming excitement most do, I know on the day of the event, it will all kick in.

To think, we have known each other for almost 10 years and dated for the last 18 months. Now the wait is almost over and the time to start a family is just around the corner.

Today we will be meeting with our kavor (best man) to plan/coordinate the transport of the guests coming from Yerevan.

The weather in Yerevan is HOT!!! It’s great weather to do laundry, since within 30 minutes of hanging it out, it’s dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment