Friday, November 11, 2005

Another Armenian Family Started


I Yerevan there is a tradition of the bride and groom to drive around the city to show to the entire city that they have just been wed.

One of the traditional places to drive and circle 3 times is Independence Square.

Today as I was passing the square, I had the honor of seeing a wedding party circling the square in something that looked like a Lincoln Navigator stretch limo which seems to have originated from Galpin Ford in San Bernardino or San Fernando, California.

I wonder if by Armenia having such limos is a sign of economic stability? It could also play in to my show off theory, where people spend way more than they have to show to their neighbors that they are doing well and are economically stable, when in fact they are not.

Anyway, regardless of if the grooms family over extended themselves for this wedding, I’m very happy to see that another Armenian family has started.

No comments:

Post a Comment