Friday, December 11, 2009

Olympic Champ Albert Azaryan – “I never cursed out the president”

www.hetq.am
[ 2009/12/11 | 12:50 ] society
Arman Gharibyan


Minutes ago, Olympic gymnastics champion Albert Azaryan, publicly refuted charges that he ever mumbled profanities regarding President Serzh Sargsyan. An evidently emotional Azaryan was responding to a video clip that recently appeared on the Internet showing that the Olympics champion left the podium, after praising the president, and mumbled some expletives about Sargsyan.

“I sincerely can say that I feel terrible right now. Why would I ever defame our leader? I saw the internet clip and what I say is that if Serzh Sargsyan became president our situation would improve…and then I suddenly shake my head and…Such a thing isn’t possible,” said Mr. Azaryan, a gold medal winner in the 1956 and 1960 Olympics representing the Soviet Union.

“If I actually said such a thing, it should have been exposed two years ago. Someone is evidently out to get me and smear my name. The people behind this should be severely punished so that they understand that such a thing isn’t possible,” stated the 80 year-old Azaryan, arguing that the video clip is doctored.

He confessed that he doesn’t remember when the tape was made or by whom. “I’m now looking into the matter and se who distributed this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment