Monday, December 12, 2005

A must read

When my wife and I were in California last September, we had dinner with Monte Melkonian’s brother’s family. Markar, the author of “My Brother’s Road” gifted me a copy of his book, as I had not properly read it since I didn’t have a copy of my own.

Well a couple of times I have picked up the book and started to read it, only getting as far as a chapter or two before being distracted by work.

Well, in the last 3 days and with the foggy and cold weather here in Yerevan, I have had enough time to read “My Brother’s Road” cover to cover.

All I can tell you is that this is a book that everyone who wants to learn what dedication of the cause is and how even one person can make a difference in the lives of our people, should defiantly read. It will also give the reader a good look at how things really are here.

The most difficult was to read the last two chapters, as I am very familiar with all the various scenarios of his untimely death. I wont say that I can say it was not Azeri’s, but can’t say that the Armenians didn’t play a part in his death, in the best case scenario, out of incompetence, the worst, they allowed it to happen (both viable possibilities). If you read between the lines and remember Monte’s encounters in previous chapters, you will get a better idea as to what really happened.

Anyway, for those of you who have not ordered their copy, do so, as it really is a book worthy of being read.

No comments:

Post a Comment