Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Today was a fabulous day!!! Though this was suppose to be one of the hottest days of the year, it was overcast and very pleasant.

The harvest is going well and it looks like this year and the years to follow will be good years for farmers. I'm also happy to see that this year, more of the common people took the risk to plant and for the most part came out making a profit.

I fully agree with what Madlene has written in her log about things one day getting better and that there are thousands of people who are working towards a better future. As positive as that may be, in order for us to really fix things so those dark days don�t revisit us, we have to recognize the good and bad in a very public way and not sweep anything under the carpet without reconciling. This is the only way I see we can really heal and make sure what we are seeing today will not happen again in the future.

Though I would like to see an economically rich Armenia, for me an Armenia without corruption and with good working laws would satisfy my expectations and something I�ve been devoting all my energy and resources towards realizing. I know this expectation of mine is possible, as I am often reminded of the Armenian saying that goes, "the apple does not fall far from the tree" and like Madlene and many people believe, "We will turn this into an amazing place and we will do it soon." With such a positive outlook, how could we not realize our dream of a fair, free and independent Armenia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment