Saturday, July 26, 2003

Today was quite uneventful. Other than a couple of visits to summer day-care to see how things were going, I kept close to home writing and cleaning.

I�ve been working on a book about my experiences here in Artsakh for some time now and had set a goal for publishing this book by November 2003.

Most of the stories that will make the book are ready (since for the most part I wrote them as they were happening), but I'm still having problems deciding the format, meaning how do I present these stories?

Should I have chapters that centralize each subject, or should it just be a free flowing book that the reader does not know what the following story will be? My friend Jeff K. some time ago told me that all my stories seem to have a beginning, middle and end, so to just putting them in random order should be fine. I was thinking maybe it would be best to present them in chronological order. I still don�t know, but I guess I have to decide something soon since November is just around the corner and it will take at least a month to get them printed, meaning the deadline is October.

I also need to contact some of the people who are in a few of the stories since some of the subject material is quite sensitive and a bit personal.

I'm thinking it would be wise to print a very limited number of copies so in the worst case if they don't sell, Mama Manoogian can send them off as x-mas gifts to friends and relatives where they can collect dust and the pages can turn yellow in the lucky recipients bookcase.

I guess the biggest problem at this point is that I have way too much material and I really don't know where to start cutting things down so I don't go over my 350 page limit?

This is too overwhelming to think about. I think I need a break and take a nice long walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment