Wednesday, June 18, 2008

HAYOC MARTIKNER LOAN PROGRAM

The story posted below came as a surprise to me. I knew Lavrent’s story, but didn’t know that he was recently turned down for a business loan.

I called Lavrent today and asked him the story was and why he didn’t come to me for a loan? He said that I’ve done too much for him already, I now have a family to take care of and he does not want any money from me. He went on to say that he was going to apply again for a loan.

Well I don’t want to sound negative, but I have a feeling that Lavrent, who is a pain in the side of our corrupt officials, will get the run around again and in the end be turned down. This is a guy who I’ve witnessed telling people in their face how it is. And of course these are the same people who in the end decide who will get loans, even loans that they themselves are not personally giving.

Though he won’t take money from me, I see no reason why he won’t take a loan from the “HAYOC MARTIKNER LOAN PROGRAM”.

The way I see the program working is that with your tax-deductable contributions to the Shahan Natalie Family Foundation, Inc., we give interest-free small business development loans to veterans of the Artsakh liberation struggle, our first recipient being Lavrent.

The loan will have a term for as long as the recipient sees fit and is not repaid to the foundation, but is up to the recipient of the loan to pass it on to another veteran who in turn will do the same. Of course if the business fails and the loan can’t be repaid, so be it, the idea is that we give a chance to someone worthy to get up on their feet. And trust me when I tell you, if given a chance, Lavrent will succeed and pass on the loan plus a little bit more to someone else as driven as he is.

For those who are interested in participating in this loan program, please e-mail me at: ara@snff.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment