Thursday, February 28, 2002

Fresca!!!

Well it looks like The CocaCola Company has tapped into an untapped market in Armenia and Artsakh. Yup, you guessed it, �Fresca�!!! I�m not sure too much about the name, which in Armenia reads �Fresga�. When I went to Stepanagert, I was determined not to purchased Coke, Fanta or Sprite, so when I saw Fresga, I figured that it was some new Armenian drink company that was in competition with The CokaCola Company and initially purchased it for that reason.

Don�t get me wrong, I don�t just dislike Coke because they represent to me everything we don�t need in Armenia today, but I wonder what that stuff does to ones stomach? Has anyone tried it as a cleaning detergent? You should see what it does to stubborn toilet stains, not to mention false teeth that are soaked in it over night (I know you would not leave false teeth in Coke, but if it causes them to vanish over time, what can it do to the organs that it makes contact with?).

Well to be honest, the Fresga tasted really good, and why shouldn�t it. I mean The CocaCola Company has really got it down when it comes to producing addicting beverages.

One thing I don�t get about Fresga other than everything on the label is in Armenian, other than the name �Fresca� is that all four flavors end with �Limonat� (Lemonade). They have Green Apple Lemonade, �Dyoishes� Pair Lemonade (I don�t know what this means other than maybe they are trying to say �Delicious� and spelling it with Armenian letters), �Tarkhoini� Lemonade (It�s like some green grass, which even the Armenian version I don�t care for too much, but the locals really like it), and my personal favorite, Strawberry Lemonade. What will happen if they add Lemmon? Will that be called Lemmon Lemonade?

Well The CocaCola Company got $2 out of me for 8 liters of refreshment, but I wont make that same mistake twice. I�m sticking to my favorite Armenian owned and made �Sardarapat� all natural juices and very tasty �Uncle Hany� assorted Ketchup�s.

No comments:

Post a Comment