Monday, February 11, 2002

I registered via the internet for the Second Armenia Diaspora Conference. After doing so, Vahe Aghabegians of the Armenia - Diaspora Conference Organizing Committee wrote me, asking that I take the opportunity to encourage other professionals to attend. I guess he must read our logs and knows that there are many potential professionals that frequent Cilicia.com. So this is a calling to all professionals to visit http://web.archive.org/web/20040608123239/http://www.armeniadiaspora.com/ and go to the 2002 Diaspora Conference section and click on the registration form link. It only takes about 5 minutes to complete the form.

Vahe added: �Your readiness to participate in the Conference is a very hopeful indication of the huge potential of this Conference.� Wow, I knew I was key to many things here, but didn�t know that they were depending on my attendance to bring out the huge potential of the conference? Talk about someone turning up the fire under ones feet. Well a big THANK YOU to Vahe for the ego boost and for putting me up on the Diaspora pedestal. I�ll do my best as to not disappoint you and fulfill your request. But honestly Vahe, I�m not that powerful that I can move mountains yet. I mean I�ve got good at pushing cars with dead batteries to get them going again, but for one person to be expected to bring out the huge potential in the conference alone may be a little beyond anyone�s abilities and a somewhat unreasonable request. All I can say is that I�ll try.

I would guess that Vahe�s comment must have been triggered by the people at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia, who know me from the 1999 conference and must have told Vahe about how a conference without me could be like a sandwich without Miracle Whip Salad Dressing.

Again, I�m certainly not going to let Vahe down and will say that I was ready last year for the conference that was delayed due to the 1700th anniversary of Christianity and other big events in Armenia. My enthusiasm for this conference and what we are going to accomplish is ripe and bursting with flavor (not like a pair of dirty socks that take on a life of their own, but more like a blackened banana for banana bread).

Today, I�m working on a list of professional people who live here, that I will encourage to attend the conference. I�m going to be part of the Artsakh delegation, which will probably be just one big group. I figure if enough people attend, then maybe there will be a separate delegation for each region. Would that not be just grand if Artsakh had more attendees than the delegation from America?

No comments:

Post a Comment