Thursday, February 28, 2002

I feel like I�ve been neglecting everyone that is connected to me via e-mail and the internet. I guess I�ve just been too busy to really sit down at my computer.

We have had some funny weather these last few days (hot one day, cold the next). With it getting warm in the daytime, construction on my house has started again. Effectively, the basic living space upstairs is done (4 bedrooms, sitting room and 2 baths). Now I�m concentrating my efforts at the basic downstairs area (kitchen, dining room, walk-in pantry, bathroom, laundry room and garage), as even if it does get cold or rains, the work can move forward uninterrupted. All I know is that when the entire house gets done, I�ll be very happy.

This afternoon, after giving the construction people some direction as to where to erect walls and put openings for doors, I drove to Stepanagert to pay for my internet service. It�s always hard to keep up with the payment, as I don�t go to Stepanagert that often, so some times I�m too early, or very late to pay. Thank goodness the provider is understanding and has never cut me off (though they should have this time since I was almost a month late, though I had tried to pay for it in advance the last time and they refused to take my money). The technician that keeps our internet connection was telling me today that I am the only one outside of Stepanagert that has been successful in establishing a connection. He said that the lines in the other regions are very bad and they just don�t work for internet. Luck me.

While in Stepanagert, I went to pick-up my dry cleaning. The woman whose husband owns the place told me that she fixed a pair of pants and a shirt for me that were worn out. She said that they don�t usually do this, but she figured that I was from a far away place and being that I�m not married yet, who would do this. She said that she has a son and just figured she was doing it for him. Well I can add her list to the long list of mothers I have here.

I went to the bazaar and did a little bit of shopping. I found a place that had the Martuni Farm chickens, which we long ago ran out of in Martuni. I got 10 of them, as when they are gone, that�s it, no more for that kind of chicken here. These chickens were hatched from eggs that came from Russia. Now the new owners I am told are bringing the eggs from Turkey, so we will see what kind of chickens we will end up with.

Well the trees have not yet blossomed, but I can see that one of them really wants to crack those buds open, first chance it gets. I guess this year I�ll have no apricot�s again :o(

Hey Lena, welcome home!!! We missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment