Wednesday, May 01, 2002

How funny, but also kind of embarrassing.

I just got an e-mail from Lena informing me that it was not Nune that I went out with, but it was her. I�m so confused and that explains the accent, which was not UK English, but Australian English (it's hard me to tell the difference). I now understand that �Nune� was not telling me that I was shouting at her, but I was shouting her (which in Australian English means �treating�). Well Lena, now maybe you know why I was talking so softly.

To think, I�ve been friends with Lena for 4 years and I could not tell the difference between her and Nune. That has to tell you something about how much Nune looks like her.

I guess when Raffi and Zabel were calling Lena, Nune, they were doing it to just be funny, or maybe they really thought it was her? Well I sure was convinced. If Lena ever needs a double for her public appearances, she should get Nune to stand in for her. I don�t think anyone would know the difference.

I will say that the kid at the Grand Candy store had to have been just as confused at I was, as we were calling Lena, Nune so much that he really must have thought it was Nune and the stares that �Nune� was getting as we walked out only proves that not only does she look like Nune, but all it takes is to mention something to one Armenian and news can spread like a wildfire, even if it�s not true, as it did in the Grand Candy store.

At least I have the �date� with Lena out of the way and now all I have to do is work on getting a date with Nune.

I also want to thank the many people that sent me the congratulatory messages for going on a date with Nune. I�ll save them for when the date really happens and then forward them to myself, so as to get the full effect of that experience (also so you don�t have to write me a second message). If I get Nune�s e-mail address, I�ll forward off copies to her so she can see just how many people think that we must have made the �cutest couple� in Armenia on those two days (it could help to convince her to accept my offer of going on a date).

You know, I have a neighbor that looks just like Cher. I wonder how much alike the two of them are? Nah, that wouldn�t work, my neighbor�s husband would never allow her to go out on a date with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment