Friday, May 10, 2002

Lena�s report of no rain for 3 days does not apply to Artsakh. For the last 3 days we have had rain and the worst of it came yesterday. I had to go to Stepanagert and it was coming down so hard that the road was like a lake. It took me 2 hours (usually 1 hour 15 minutes) to get there.

May 9th is a day of celebration here in Artsakh, as it commemorates the day we re-liberated Shushi and independence day. Every official was here, including President Kocharian.

At 9 PM there was a fire-works show, but by the time I could get my camera out, it was over, so no picture of it to post.

When I got home this morning, the rain had stopped and in my yard, my poor plumb tree was looking like a hairy wet dog. I�m just guessing that we also had hail, as I can�t see any plumb on it, not any apricots on the apricot tree L.

Well I have to get going as like Madlene�s mom, my mom is also coming for a visit (no as long as Madlene�s mom) and is due to arrive to Stepanagert in a couple of hours and I have to go pick her up. It�s been a year since I last saw her and we have some catching up to do, so if I happen no to log for a while, you will know why.

As for Raffi's log about east vs. west, I know the feeling so well. I'm sure I could still speak Western-Armenian, but right now I have forgotten how to use the word "gor".

No comments:

Post a Comment