Friday, August 13, 2004

I was at my fiancé’s house yesterday and while sitting on the carpet in her living-room watching television, I noticed a sparkling item on the floor. I pointed this out to her brother who is 15 years old, who promptly picked it up to discover a fake diamond.

He asked me if it was real, what it would be worth, to which I answered it would have been worth a few hundred dollars.

He said that it would be great if the whole floor was covered in diamonds a meter deep and if it was, he would give me a hand full, guessing they would be worth a $100k. Would that not make me happy?

I looked to him and asked if he forgot I’m Armenian, to which he said that he understood I would only be happy if he gave me half and after receiving that, I would only really be happy after I had his half too.

I could only laugh, as here we have a 15 year old, who lives in a town/village but has a good idea as to what is going on in the Armenian world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment