Tuesday, February 22, 2005

It’s been a very long time since I’ve written a log about life in Martuni and have not done so since I really have not been in Martuni for almost a month.

First I would like to say that I’m really, really, really, REALLY GLAD TO BE HOME!!!!!

If you didn’t figure it out from the story I posted about trafficking to Dubai, I’ve been involved in a HETQ investigation on trafficking of Armenian women and children to the UAE.

The investigation has been going on for over a year now and this last trip to the UAE was suppose to be for only a week, but due to so many new leads to follow and then being detected by the mafia that runs this trafficking ring, my extended stay after sending off the rest of the team, turned into an even longer stay so I could participate in a game of hide and seek with a mafia that has a lot to loose and I’m guessing wanted to “talk” to me to see what we knew about them.

In short, I really am a very luck person and will leave the rest of this story for a book that I’m now writing on this subject.

As for the overall investigation, I will not be reporting much on it, as it is a very sensitive and controversial subject that I’ve elected to let Edik spoon feed the reading public so that it is reported in a way that we see a maximum yield and those that need to be punished and those that need to be liberated from the hell they are living will get what they have coming.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those people who helped this investigation with information and monetary support. Without you all, it would have taken much longer and been much more dangerous and time consuming for us.

And to be transparent, I would also like to acknowledge those persons and organizations who recognized the importance of this work and pledged to help, but in the end for various reasons withdrew their offers. I will in the future give you all an opportunity to redeem yourselves on an upcoming project, which will need much greater support and have an even bigger positive impact on Armenian society.

Anyway, it really does feel good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment