Monday, December 17, 2001

Not to bore anyone, but this mornings Khash was the best I have had. I learned so much about Khash today that I guess I could write a book about it (well maybe more like a pamphlet, but will spare you). Anyway I learned that Khash is not made just of cow feet, but can also have cow stomach, tail and whatever else you would care to toss in the pot. They also make Khash from pig. The grandfather of the house I went to is a veteran at eating Khash and was reminiscing how he use to leave the house a 6 a.m. to go to Aghdam for Khash. He said he use to live there for 5 years (late 30�s, early 40�s) and had lots of friends who would invite him. We ate with a spoon, but the grandfather ate with his hands. He told me that it tastes much better that way. I guess one advantage I see is that when you get Khash oil on your hands (which I do even when eating with a spoon), it�s like superglue. If your eating with your hands, you have an excuse to lick it off before it starts to stick. I guess next time he invites me for Khash, I�ll try it his way. I suspect that maybe this is more a Muslim way of eating Khash.

No comments:

Post a Comment