Saturday, December 01, 2001

Tonight I went to a friend�s birthday party in Spitagashen (White Village). The usual story of me and my family history came up and with it the story of my great-great-grandfather Kevork. At the table was a middle-aged man who turned out to also be a Manoogian and told me that in all of Artsakh, there were only two Manoogian families at the turn of the 19th century. He said that from the date of 1850, that would put him in the same generation of his great-grandfather who was from a family of 9 brothers. He said from what he knows, 3 of the bothers went to Armenia, 2 stayed in Artsakh and the other 4 he is not sure about. He said his older cousin knows their whole family history and can give a better idea as to the details, which was told to him by their great-grandfather who was 100 years old at the time of telling it (died when he was 104) and he was just a boy. Well my great-great-grandfather Kevork was from a family of 9 brothers, and depending on what information we get from their family history, DNA testing will be the final step to tell us if we finally found this branch of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment