Saturday, July 27, 2002

A couple of hours ago I received a convoluted reply to my second letter to the President of Karabagh in regards to my citizenship application. It came from the President�s advisor who had promised me that I would have my citizenship by May of this year. He had told me at that time if he can�t realize this work of making the May deadline, then he too has lied to me as many other government officials had in the past in regards to this issue. Could this letter just be another lie?

I�m really not sure what to make of this letter, as I asked the President to grant or deny my application so I would know if I should plant my roots here or not.

The following is a quick, but what I believe accurate translation of the letter. I�m kind of confused as to what it means and I hope that maybe someone out there can help me out with a translation of this translation.

If anything, this should make for interesting reading in my book.


N 1-01/190

25 July 2002

Esteemed Ara Khachiki,

Regarding the consideration of your application addressed to secure NKR state citizenship, I am informing you that, in connection with constitutional changes related to citizenship, the NKR President's committee for granting NKR citizenship has not reviewed similar issues since July 1999.

At present the NKR government is developing mechanisms for handing similar issues according to the NKR constitution presently in force.

For the record I am also informing you that the topics regarding granting you NKR citizenship have generally not been received by the above named committee.

K. BABURYAN

No comments:

Post a Comment