Saturday, October 12, 2002

Mama Manoogian is still at the wedding. What wedding you ask? My neighbor/contractor�s son got married today and my headache got to be too much for to me stay any longer, so I came home to take an Advil and a break. Mama Manoogian said that she would write about the wedding today, so I�ll write about something else.

For the last couple of days, all I could think about is my citizenship issue. Yes, I�m back to making my phone calls to resolve this issue once and for all, but feel like taking the politically correct and polite route is getting me no place.

I called the President�s office a couple of weeks ago to set up a meeting with him, to find out that he was out of town. Then when he got back in town, my mother came for a visit and I was too busy to call them again.

On Monday I called to set an appointment and was told that my name is on the list, the President knows I want to meet with him and they will call me to let me know when. I asked could they give me an idea as to when and was told �no, we will call you when it will be, but you are on the list�. I was told that if I wanted a better idea, to call the President�s assistant Ararat Danelyan (who is also the President�s childhood friend). I called and was put on hold. Armene, his secretary came back on and told me that Danelyan was just going to see the President and that he can�t talk right now. I asked her if she could call me back today with some news of when I will be meeting with the President. She agreed, but from that day forward, I have received no phone call.

Since then, I�ve been thinking of ways to at very least get a meeting with the President. I know and have witnessed that the President will give a visiting journalist an interview the same day. Also he is more than willing to see Diaspora Armenians who are visiting and potentially may give money. As for the local population goes, I�ve been told by many people that he does not meet with that category of people.

I guess one of the things that is bothering me so much since my last call to the President�s office is that they told me �he knows you want to meet with him�� I guess I would think that if he knows I want to meet with him and in the years that I�ve lived here and never asked to meet with him, he should know that what I have to meet with him about must be important.

One other thing I will add here is that the Presidents of Armenian and NKR and their respective governments know more about me than you the readers do and for Goukasyan to know what he knows about me and not to make it a point to set time aside to see me, well looks kind of rude and disrespectful to my families. Am I insulted by his actions? Well not yet and I guess I�m a little understanding with all things considered.

So were now moving on to plan D, which is to give him just one more chance to meet with me and he blows that chance, then watch out. At that point I will be insulted and when I get insulted, I make sure that he who insulted me knows it and not in such a nice way.

No comments:

Post a Comment