Friday, October 11, 2002

Wow!!!! I saw Ararat again last night, this time in its original English. Again, it was just amazing. Although I never re-watch movies so soon after I have seen them, this was well worth it since the first time the dubbing caused me to miss a couple of minor things and it was still a many layered movie. Aside from the difficult to watch scenes of the genocide, the pre-genocide shots of the markets and streets of Van, with Western Armenian being spoken everywhere, and even just seeing Armenian on "the big screen" in general was fantastic. Now that I have seen Egoyan tackle a subject so close to my heart, I can truly appreciate his incredible talent. In a million years I could never have written a script half as good as this one. Alright, I will stop raving for now, but you MUST see it as soon as it is released near you, and you MUST take your friends, Armenian or not as well. Last nights showing was the only one I think they played in English, and the turnout was massive. The place was sold out, and the entire expat community showed up. Americans, French, German, Italian, you name it. Anyway, I am still waiting to see a proper "Forty Days of Musa Dagh" made...

Aside from this I would just like to say that my internet situation is still horrible and I just don't know when it will get better. There is a clear need for government intervention, which does not seem like it will ever come. The Greeks have 10 more years of monopoly to abuse us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment