Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I really should be sleeping now, but there is this great lightning and thunder storm going on right now. Or power is out and I’m working on battery power. I love this kind of weather.

I know I’ve been out of touch with all of you for the most part, but this taking a break from logging was the alternative to burning out.

Just a really quick update on the situation here in Martuni.

The weather has been very unpredictable. Hot one day and cold the next.

My puppies are almost 40 days old and all the girls have found a home, leaving the 4 boys, which one is going to go to Lavrent, my truck driver, one to Jerig, my cabinet maker and 2 to me.

The plan now is that once all the puppies that I’m not keeping are gone, I let my 2 puppies suck their mother dry and then at that point, I give her away to a guy named Nelson, who has a gas station and needs a grown dog. And yes, he knows that she eats chickens.

Once she is gone, the puppies will only eat beef. I will also get a couple of chickens to keep in my yard, so the puppies learn that chickens are not something you eat. I’m also going to see about liberating Vartan the cat so he can rejoin us and teach the puppies that cats are not something you kill, but something that will scratch your eyes out of you piss them off.

Wow, this is kind of scary, the storm just got worse and the power came back on. I wonder how long this will last before it goes out again?

Anyway, I guess this would be a good time to go to sleep, since now I’m feeling hungry and really don’t feel like getting out of bed to make something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment