Thursday, July 08, 2004

Ever wonder what life is like if your life was a Brazilian soap opera?

Tonight, I went to Rosa Myrig’s house for dinner and the subject of who I am getting married to and when came up.

Rosa Myrig asked me if were doing our marriage like a Brazilian soap opera? I asked her what does that mean? She said it means that you first get “married” and then you have you wedding later.

It seems that my being away from Martuni for long periods of time, has sparked gossip of me being off in Yerevan to live with my pregnant fiancée, just like they do in the Brazilian soap operas that are shown on television here in Martuni.

One thing you should also keep in mind is that Rosa Myrig does not watch soaps, so for her to come out and ask the question, you have to wonder how much people here have been talking?

I assured Rosa Myrig that we plan on having our wedding and get married at the same time. She smiled and seemed relieved, though the smirk on Hurnat’s face (he watches soaps everyday), looked as though he would have not objected in the least if we adopted the idea of getting married the Brazilian way.

Just to make my logs more interesting and to share with you my newest literary interest, I’m going to share with you some bible verses that relate to my log. Today is from Romans 13:13 (I like the number too), which reads: “Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.” And 1 Timothy 5:13, which reads: “Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment