Friday, August 30, 2002

If war broke out, would we be ready? I�ve been asked that question so many times and I keep telling people if it happens, then we will deal with it and see what happens.

Not to frighten anyone, but today I was able to see for myself if war broke out what would happen. I say this as today war broke out and everyone under the age of 45 was called to report to their assigned base. Since I�m not yet a citizen, I just watched as everyone was rushed off to their respective bases to be armed.

I was very impressed as the readiness of our army and if today was not a surprise drill (which we randomly have once or twice a year to test our readyness), Azerbaijan would have been hurting for sure.

The guns I saw rolling out today, I certainly didn�t see during the early 1990�s. Besides all the tanks, there were some very big and impressive cannons, rockets and other neat toys that are made to inflict damage to our enemy. I guess all that equipment, combined with the discipline our army possesses today is what makes it the second most powerful internationally recognized army in the region (though I would guess it really is the most powerful if you count the size and small territory it needs to defend, but it would be politically incorrect for Washington to give us first place).

I can now say to all of you who have asked in the past about if war broke out that yes, if war did break out we would be ready and for that reason, I don�t think war will break out.

No comments:

Post a Comment