Saturday, November 02, 2002

I got a new Jhuka garbage disposal unit a couple of weeks ago and it really works great!!! It�s Armenian made and was a gift from a friend of mine, who had three of them and the Jhuka model being the smallest, was almost disposed by the other two models, which are many times larger.

Jhuka is 6 years old and for his size, he is said to have a life expectancy of 12 to 15 years, so I�ll get lots of use out of him. I feel really good about this new addition to my household, as no longer do any leftovers go in the trash after they turn green in my refrigerator, by which time even chickens wont touch them.

Jhuka is also very intelligent. He really can tell the difference between someone nice and someone with evil tendencies. So far he has not missed the mark and has barked at one of my neighbors who is a cop.

If you haven�t figured it out yet, Jhuka is a dog.

The reason I was given Jhuka was that his owner acquired some �Aluby� fighting Shepard dogs. These are very big and very jealous dogs that didn�t like it when Jhuka would eat and on a couple of occasions, Jhuka had to be saved from death by these dogs that are trained to kill. For that reason, his owner felt it best that Jhuka move to Martuni, before he became a meal.

Though Jhuka is Russian understanding, he seems to understand what I�m saying in Armenian, especially when I call him to a meal.

Jhuka loves to dance around, bark and most of all, belch. I sometimes get concerned, as he eats so fast, he starts to choke, belches and then seems to be fine again.

In the US, all my family dogs understood only Armenian and I remember my dad telling me once the neighbor had asked him to teach him dog language, thinking that Armenian was some special language for dogs. I was thinking that maybe I should teach Jhuka English as it really is what could be classified as dog language and this way the locals would not know what I am telling Jhuka to do.

The wall is done for the most part. It really looks good and all that�s left to do is the street in front of the new wall needs to be widened and my driveway needs to be redone so when winter sets in, we wont have a repeat of what this last storm did. That should be done in a week (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment