Saturday, November 16, 2002

Well, I find myself in Yerevan.

Today was Patrick�s 7th day of his passing and I attended a memorial service at Saghmosavank.

It was well attended and being there finally made this whole thing real. I guess until then, I had not really accepted Patrick�s death. It also provided some closure of many those who attended.

One thing I want to say about Patrick and I felt that in terms of Armenians who do things for the betterment of the Armenian nation, Patrick was like the equivalent of 1,000 people in the effect that Patrick�s work has had.

In short and not to belittle my own work here, Patrick and his work up until now has had a much broader effect on Armenia than most of ours. If this helps you to get a better idea one of the major things that Patrick was doing, he was THE EU�s representative at the Ministry of Agriculture of which many of the Agricultural projects and developments in Armenia were funded. He also helped start ACBA, which is a very successful agricultural collective bank that has helped thousands of farmers here in Armenia.

Patrick will be missed and well remembered by the people who his life�s work effected. I also hope that people who knew him or know of him, will not only remember him, but follow his example of what one person can do to be part of the solution of the global challenges that we all our facing. Patrick certainly did his share and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment