Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Internet hell continues!!!!

This log is coming to you thanks to my back-up relay to blogger.

Anyway, it may be a couple of days before I have a connection or should I say that all of Artsakh has a connection again. This also means that I don�t have access to e-mail, so for anyone that is waiting for a reply from me, I�ll get something off to you when I have a connection again.

My information is a little iffy right now, but word has it that thanks to Azerbaijan and their complaints to Moscow, our satellite connection has been cut off.

Raffi called me tonight to tell me about Patrick�s death. I won�t say that I didn�t believe him, but I guess I didn�t want to believe him. I guess shock is just the only way to describe the way I am feeling.

I told Raffi that I would bring all the digital pictures I have of Patrick to Yerevan when I come. I hope they will help us heal and remember all the good times we had with him.

I will say that Patrick and I were not really close, not because we were not close, but Patrick and my schedules were not quite in sync, so we saw very little of each-other.

One thing I will miss from Patrick is many of the times we would talk, the attention he would give me when I would answer his question of which government officials have I made uncomfortable since the last time we met.

I in turn was always happy to hear about his very noble and very very useful work he was doing in Armenia that has had a major impact on the lives of so many people here.

I guess it�s been a couple of hours since the news of his passing and all I can say is Patrick, what you have done in your life will never be forgotten. You will always be someone that I will remember and admire.

Let it be know that from this point forward, when I deal with the issues I deal with here and make some official uncomfortable, I will remember that little smirk you use to get on your face.

I�ll miss you a bunch and I hope that we will see the day that we all get to hang out together again and reminisce of the old day.

No comments:

Post a Comment