Sunday, November 10, 2002

Today was a really productive day.

Work on automation changes at the factory are in full swing. We should be done with the main saw on Monday.

Yesterday we replaced the railroad track that the main table moves on which was crooked and today we finished all the welding work on the main saw.

Tomorrow we will lay a new cement floor and in the next couple of days the new waste-water recovery pool will be done, which means that we will be reusing the water for cutting and also be able to recover all the nice green granite sand, which will be sold by the kilo.

I got word today that my request for my 1.1 hector (2+ acres) 25 year land lease was approved. This means my industrial park project will start right away (before the weather changes) and the first phase will be the main building for granite production which will house all of the new equipment which is being built, with the first piece due to be delivered in 2 months.

There is enough room at this location to house all project I start. The location is also great as it is only 500 meters from my house, which will allow me to run cables for telephones and surveillance equipment right to my home-office, which means in the winter, I can literally roll out of bed or better yet, stay in bed and work. Can life get any better?

There is so much work to do and so many jobs should be created as a result of this latest development. I already have people coming to me to give them a job.

I guess this also means that my logging and internet time will be cut into big time :(

I also want to thank one of our reader from the Eastern US for offering to help someone in need here in Martuni with a $50 a month donation. Now that the season of giving is near, I hope that other people will be infected with such ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment