Thursday, February 05, 2004

Still in Yerevan and very busy. Meeting with lots of people and just moving forward with my work. There are so many more people to meet and it seems that one meeting leads to another and then another. It seems never ending, but when all is said and done, we should get some very big and very positive results.

The weather here this morning was cold, but since this is winter, I guess I should expect such weather.

I talked to the mayor of Martuni this morning and he told me that the grader to level our road will come in the morning.

Since being here, I’ve had a few police stops, one that resulted in my hitting a traffic cop with my car. I was written up for a ticket on that stop which is going to cost me 2,000 dram (less than $4). When all was said and done, the cop that wrote me up and figured out who I was, applogized for writing the ticket and asked me if I’m upset about him writing the ticket? I told him no, I’m very happy that he’s doing his job and following the law. The cop who I hit, told me that I need to have my side-view mirrors shortened by 4 inches.

Anyway, I’ve got lots of e-mail to read and answer and then maybe get to sleep early tonight, as the circles under my eyes just don’t seem to want to go way.

No comments:

Post a Comment