Wednesday, April 28, 2004

KOCHARYAN-SARKISSYAN PROPAGANDA MACHINE REEKS PANIC OVER ARMENIA

On Tuesday, April 27th at 11:50 AM, three fighter aircraft raced over the skies of Yerevan, presumably in the direction of Nagorno-Karabagh.

I left Stepanagert at 3:10 PM after touring my brother around Artsakh for 3 days, where we visited all the regions, going as far North to the city of Kelbajar and South to Hadrut. During his whole trip, I can say that everything was very peaceful and there were no signs of a conflict or troop movement.

On our way into Yerevan, we encountered 2 check-points, one before entering Ardashad and one just after, being stopped at both to have my documents checked. This has been a first, as they usually don’t stop cars from Artsakh. I noticed at the first check-point among the police cars, a car with license plate removed and a guy who looked KGBish sitting in the front seat.

This morning, I ran into a neighbor, who knows I work in Artsakh and knew I arrived yesterday. She asked me how the condition was there? I said it was fine. She said that it seems that they are having problems in regards to the war starting up again. I assured her this was not true, as I was just there.

I tried to call Artsakh on my cell phone and a land-line, but the connection was down. After trying for over an hour, I used other means to communicate with Martuni, where I asked as to the condition? I was told that everything was calm and there was no talk at all about war or skirmishes. I had them call all the regions in Artsakh to find out their condition and a few minutes later got word back that nothing new, everything was calm, no war, it’s all lies.

So it seems that on the eve of a big rally at the Opera, Kocharyan makes his way to France on an official visit and then spreads panic over the people and plays the “war in Karabagh is breaking out” card, knowing that many people who would attend the rally, have children serving in the army and if they rally and oust Kocharyan, then war will break out, resulting in Artsakh and Armenia being attacked and their children could die in a battle that is so bad, that they had to send fighter aircraft.

One thing I guess people don’t know is that Karabagh is a ground war and the only reason you would use aircraft is if you were attacking and wanted to push people back so you could advance your troops. Who does Sarkissyan think he is dealing with, children?

For this latest propaganda of war breaking out to spread panic among the people, to me this act boarders on treason and people should really think long and hard if they want a leader in power that will manipulate the people in such cruel ways just to keep in power?.

I don’t know if any of our readers are in France or know people in France, but if you do, please pass on word of what is really going on here and as Raffi said in his log, to remind Kocharyan that his behavior is not acceptable and we will no longer tolerate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment