Saturday, April 10, 2004

This is going to be a really quick log to say that tonight I returned to Martuni and am so glad to be home!!!!

To say the least, I was not a happy camper when I left Yerevan, as police harassment was on the rise. The cops working one of the checkpoints that I always cross, were not the same that are usually there and the one toting an machine gun was a real prick!!! To tell you the truth, I’m not really sure if all the guys at the post were really traffic cops.

If the Kocharian government didn’t violate any human rights in the last 6 years, what they have done in terms of human rights violation in the last 6 days makes up for it in a very bad way.

To add to what Madlene reported in her log on Cilicia.com, roadblocks were up, my fiancé and others that live on the outskirts of Yerevan that depend on mini-vans and taxis were stranded where they are and until the meetings end and Kocharian calls off his goons, peoples right to free movement, an education and the ability to report to their jobs are being violated in the worst way.

I’m really tired right now, so as soon as I catch up with some sleep, I’ll log more.

One bit of good news is that my dog gave birth to 7 puppies!!!! Five male and two female. They are sooooo cute and were born yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment