Monday, August 13, 2007

The World Bank is bad for Armenias future

The corruption around World Bank projects uncovered by Bruce Tasker on his site Blowing the World Bank Whistle, should be of the utmost importance and taken very seriously by every Armenian in the world.

You want to know why in Armenia poverty, illiteracy, migration and the breakdown of the family structure is at an all time high? The biggest reason is the World Bank sponsored programs and the corruption that plagues them.

The worst thing about this is not that the corruption that the World Bank is feeding into is holding us back from developing into a self-sustaining nation (though that too is very bad), but they expect future generations to pay them back what will one day be BILLIONS of dollars they knowingly lent to projects that they knew good and well were not getting to their intended propose and in too many cases having the opposite effect, thus holding our nation from developing economically.

If you ask me, we need to kick the World Bank out of Armenia and sue them in an international court of law to relieve us from the “loans” THEY gave to corrupt officials knowing they will harm and not help Armenia.

As for the corrupt Armenian officials, we need to hunt them down like the dogs they are and kill them where we find them. Some may say they should have their day in court. I say they can have that day when they meet their maker. Shame on them!!!

For those of you who have been following my logs for the last 6 years, you will remember my log on Cilicia.com where I warn about the dangers of the World Bank, IMF and USAID.

Saturday, January 26, 2002

I’m always asking myself about why in this world there are so many things that just don’t make sense? I mean here is Armenia, like I’ve said before, we really don’t have a logical reason to have so many people living in poverty. Well in my quest for answers to the burning question of poverty, I had the good fortune to come across a book while in Yerevan, written by Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer called “War Against the Poor”. The subject matter really hit home, as much of what it talks about, I see going on in Armenia today. Did it address the poverty question? You bet. The book is about Low-Intensity Conflict, which appears to be a technique the U.S. uses to fight to protect their national valuables against envious “have nots.” Ever wonder why such organizations as the World Bank, International Monetary Fund and USAID exist? Adding together what I’ve read in this book and personally seeing what they do and the end results, it now make more sense to me what their true function is. Do what they do contribute to our problems today? Well I’ll let you read the book and draw your own conclusions.

[...]

I guess the next logical step would be that we as a nation have to figure out what we can do in order to be a little less effected by this Low-Intensity Conflict that it seems we are facing today.

As of now there are 33 new and used copies of “War Against the Poor” available on amazon.com. I highly recommend you get yourself a copy and read it cover to cover. For those of you who don’t have the resources or the 33 copies are all gone, write to me and I’ll e-mail you a text version.

No comments:

Post a Comment