Friday, March 29, 2002

Yesterday was quite productive in the area of construction and the weather was great.

In the evening I was invited by my neighbor to a birthday party for their son�s fianc�, at the village of Bertashen, which is in the Martuni region. So as I was getting all dressed up, I hear thunder, followed by a sudden rain storm, followed by hail, high winds and a blackout. I quickly ran out to put my car in the garage so it would not get damaged from the hail. Went back inside and changed into more appropriate clothes as I knew the village would be muddy. We waited for the storm to pass, but it looked to have no end. So in rain and mud gear, we headed out in two cars. We got to the village, which is up in the mountains and due to the rain (which had stopped) and a small mudslide, my car would not go up the street to the house where the party was being held. We parked the car at the bottom of the hill walked half a kilometer up the dark and muddy street.

The party was small and intimate. Maybe 20 people were there. The conversation was great and the food, as usual was too much. As the time neared to leave, a downpour started that seemed to have no end. It was agreed that it would be better to stay the night. As usual, the accommodations were great and with the sound of rain, it was not difficult to fall to sleep.

We woke early this morning, had breakfast and made our way back to Martuni.

No comments:

Post a Comment