Wednesday, January 09, 2002

Since the CNN weather forecast does not cover Armenia, then I'm sure it does not cover Artsakh. With that said, I would like to report the weather here is Artsakh. Today we had SNOW!!! Just as Lena reported in Yerevan, in Martuni right now we have a very delicate and constant fall of snowflakes. It really is beautiful to watch. I have to get outside and clean the snow off the satellite dish, as it interferes with the reception and causes snow in my T.V. too. On days like this I usually confine myself to my home and T.V., reading, writing and the internet are the pastimes of choice. Tonight I�ll be going over to my neighbor�s house, where the other day when I was passing through Stepanagert, I picked up a cow's and pig's head that I dropped of at his house to be cleaned, cooked and bottled. Last year his family and I and a couple of other neighbor�s were able to make 3 cows heads and 1 pigs heads provide us with some good eating for a month. It looks like the trip I was going to take to Yerevan tomorrow for some Iranian rice at Madlene�s house is going to be delayed. I know it may seem like a silly reason to drive 400 kilometers for some rice, but Madlene has bragged so much as to how good she makes it that maybe the drive would be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment