Thursday, January 31, 2002

Today was quite an uneventful day. The weather was great, but this hot weather we are having is concerning me a bit. Like I said before, this heat could cause the trees to blossom like they did last year, thus the freeze we are bound to get and for sure at some point hail, will cause the beautiful little flowers to drop off, resulting in a reduced yield of fruit.

As part of my daily tasks, I read Groong, which today there was a press release from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia, regarding the upcoming Diaspora conference. This is the second conference of its kind. I attended the first one in 1999 and for me it was quite interesting to see so many Armenians from different parts of the world in one place. At that time I got the feeling that most everyone in attendance was not sure what the goal was of that conference, other than maybe getting to know each other, get a feel for one another and maybe to better understand the present day Armenian situation (all very useful things I would think). Well from what I read in the press release today, this conference is going to be much more productive in some very important areas and I recommend those that can make time to be in Armenia on May 27-28, that you defiantly register and attend. I�ll be attending for sure and hope to see you there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment