Friday, January 11, 2002

Today the snow started to melt and I would guess by tomorrow being that there is not a cloud in the sky, the sun will come out and melt what is left. I kept busy today doing laundry and writing. I was going through my notes while writing a story for my book, and every time I do this, I wonder how I keep my sanity after witnessing as much as I have over the last 12 years. I really don�t remember 10% of the stuff and I guess when one writes it down, one can put it out of ones mind, thus saving ones sanity. Armenia and Artsakh in some ways has gone from bad to worse to even worse and in some ways has gone from worse to bad to good. I guess it comes down to what is important to an individual. I mean for me it has helped that I have experienced different life challenges in different parts of the world, so at least that gives me something to compare. On the other hand, making comparisons is really not the right thing to do. What I mean is that Armenia is not America and it never will be. Armenia is Armenia and what I have concluded is that Armenia today does have the immediate potential to really be much better than what it is today (not like America, but like Armenia can and should be). There really is no reason why people have to live the way they do. Our problem is a few rotten apples that should have been tossed out long ago, put on a nice coat of wax and were put on the top of the pile. By the time the sun came out and melted off the shiny coat of wax, the worms which where in them had spread to the rest of the apples. What took the very powerful Soviet Union decades to build, only took a couple of years to destroy. I hope I don�t sound like I�m complaining, but this is a fact. Now of course we can�t go and bring back the factories that were sold off for pennies, disassembled and sold off for a huge profit, but we certainly can prevent it from continuing today. And when we talk about this crime that took and is taking place, I have to ask why did and does it happen? Do our Armenian leaders then and today hate our nation so much that they would take all the wrong steps to destroy it? Could there be some outside power that has influence over them? Could it be that same power is the same that has weakened our educational and healthcare system, which has also led to a major increase of sexually transmitted diseases. I�m not sure, but it certainly is something we should all be asking, as it is one of the major contributing factors to the poverty and migration we are facing today. If you are interested in knowing more of who I think one of these powers are, visit this website and see for yourself and then ask yourself what you can do to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment