Wednesday, April 03, 2002

It was a rainy day today and I had so much running around to do.

Our new driver started to work today and I had the task of getting all his papers in order so he could drive our truck.

This morning my contractor�s daughter who got married last summer, gave birth to a healthy baby boy. He was born at 5:30 a.m. and was 3.3 kilos (7.26lb). My contactor was very happy and tonight invited me over for dinner. He slaughtered a lamb and we celebrated his first grandchild�s birth and his 25th wedding anniversary (which was also today).

Well I know now what to expect next year as far as birthdays and an anniversary. Five birthdays and one anniversary, all in a period of 6 days (I didn�t mention my contactor�s brother wife gave birth to a baby boy on Thursday). I feel really sorry for my poor stomach and liver, not to mention my lungs for all the second hand smoke they will get to filter. But really, it�s not that bad and in fact for me it�s a great joy to be included in such happy celebrations.

Being that this log is very powerful when it comes to fulfilling request, this bit of news should not surprise you. We found an excavator operator today. We came across him in the same way as we did our new truck driver (looking for work at the wine factory). It's only a temporary thing, as he works for someone else whose excavator is out of service right now.

A little bit of information for those interested. On Friday, 5 April at 8:00pm Armenia time, Vartan Oskanian, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the ROA will be on line, answering questions regarding the Diaspora Conference. To participate in the live chat, please direct your browser to http://web.archive.org/web/20050209130515/http://www.armeniadiaspora.com/chat. I would think this one will be popular. They have a 50 participant limit in the chat room, so don�t be late.

No comments:

Post a Comment