Sunday, December 15, 2002

POWER HAS BEEN RESTORED TO THE MARTUNI REGION!!!!!

After 5 days of no power, our power was restored. This all thanks to a collective effort from the electric company, assisted by the army.

In those 5 days, I was busy with wiring up my neighbors houses with light. My generator ran on a somewhat regular schedule, sundown until 1 AM.

Other than the telephone center, we were the only ones with light. It was quite strange to drive through a dark town and then come home to a neighborhood with porch-lights on.

I could tell that with a combination of the cold and no power, people were not in such a festive mood.

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone evolved in working to restoring power to our region. I know at the next meal, there will be a special toast to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment