Wednesday, May 28, 2003

A reader of cilicia.com who lives in Baku and I are planning to put together a program where Azeri and Armenian university students interact on a non-political level in hopes of finding some common ground.

Though I don�t envision reconciliation or some peace plan to be signed as a result of our efforts, I think it�s important that our generation (via the common people without some middle-man with his or her own agenda) learn to talk to each other. We also all need to understand our past so the bad stuff that has been going on for the last few hundred year will not be repeated in the future and just maybe with that lesson, we can collectively create some working form of stability in this part of the world.

Work is going well and now that we are cutting stone, I�m getting small orders from the natives. I guess there is an untapped market here for good quality granite tiles. Maybe with the help of my new friends in Azerbaijan, I can export there too?

No comments:

Post a Comment