Saturday, July 26, 2003

Can life in Armenia get any better? Well it has plenty of room for improvement and let me tell you some improvements that have taken place today.

I got a call from Karabagh Telecom telling me that a team has come out to once again work on the main cable.

Tonight when I got home, my connection didn't seem to be working, but after a couple of calls, they got it up and running and for the first time in 3 months (I think it's been at least this long), I had a 12,000bps connection.

I was told that they are going to be working on the main cable tomorrow also and the problem should get resolved once and for all.

Unfortunately the connection is still not stable enough so I can download my e-mails from my KT e-mail account. It's up to over 200 messages, most of which are Groong digests. I guess this will just have to wait a bit longer.

Today at summer day-care, I was talking to the director about life here then and now. After our conversation, he told me that I am truly a Communist. This was said in a complimenting way, as true Communists are very honest and law abiding.

We are now planning an outing for the kids and it looks like our destination is going to be Avo's spring, where there is a swimming pool.

I think on Tuesday I'm going to meet with the regional minister, former police chief and one of the well to do business persons here in Martuni to see about them making that donation I was talking about the other day.

Well I'll be up a little bit late tonight, as I'm doing laundry and since it's summer (though the weather these last few days has been quite cool), I don't want to forget to dry the laundry before mold sets in and then have to rewash it.

Oh, I was at the Mayor's house tonight for a beer and we were watching an Armenian television show which is like Candid Camera (a hidden camera show) and this guy was asking people if they were for or against it (never telling the people he was asking what they were for or against) and guess who was one of the people being asked? Our very own Lena. She just ignored the guy and kept on walking. Lena, do you remember some older white-haired guy with a professional video camera under his arm asking you if you were for or against it?

No comments:

Post a Comment