Thursday, July 31, 2003

Wow!! What a great day and what an intellectual rush I had tonight.

I had the honor to sit with some of Martuni�s old intellects to talk about past and present politics. We also touched on who is what and how they got to where they are. This is a really hot topic and something I feel everyone really needs to have a good understanding of so a common understanding can be found among the people in power and the people who are effected by what the people in power are doing.

Much of what I was hearing really gave me quite a bit of hope to what our future may be like and they convinced me that among the greater population here in the Martuni region, there are common bonds and a united understanding when it comes to the desire of law, order and fairness.

The intellects made it clear that they are in this for the long haul and it�s everyone�s responsibility to participate in making our country what it can and should be.

They paid me a compliment and told me that I am a real Communist. They say this is a compliment, as a Communist is viewed as being someone who believes in law, order and fairness.

Before tonight, I was under the impression that our people lacked an understanding of what right and wrong is, or believed that right and wrong no longer had a place in our society today. I was feeling that people had lost hope that things would get better, as I have been hearing the word �anarchy� being used over and over again when referring to the government and many of the �businessmen� who have privatized most everything the former system had built for us.

After tonight, I've come to realize that the people here understand that anarchy is wrong, right is right and wrong should no longer be tolerated. Someone recently mentioned to me that change can't come from a powerful leader or force, change can only come from a powerful society that wants change.

I believe that I am living within that powerful society that really wants change and I�m predicting that just as the Artsakh movement to free ourselves from Azeri rule was started and carried out by many people from the Martnui region, this change that everyone is in need of will also start here and I hope infect the rest of Artsakh and also Armenia.

No comments:

Post a Comment