Monday, July 28, 2003

Today was another pleasant day in Martuni. Not too hot.

The harvest continues and it seems like it will be going for a while longer since there is a shortage of combines (these are the machines that cut the wheat).

I�ve learned that the city of Martuni has not one combine and that there are a good number of them which were brought in from Goris and Sisian to try to alleviate the demand.

Someone told me that a new Japanese made combine can be purchased in Armenia for $10,000 and compared to the old Soviet made ones, it uses less fuel and can cut and gather up to 80% more. Something for someone to think about maybe investing in. This would be a huge help to the people here and also make the investor some money. Any takers?

My dogs are growing fast and the dog that I've kept at my house I was bushing tonight and noticed that her collar that I purchased her when I was in Yerevan earlier this month, she has already outgrown. Since I separated the two dogs (taking one to the stone factory), the one I kept at home is eating like a pig and growing very fast.

This evening I went to Rosa Myrig�s house for dinner. During our meal, we watched a concert on the Russian channel on their little black and white t/v. Rosa Myrig was translating the songs for me and telling some of these artists have been around for ages. Hurant added that in the old days, when someone sang, they stood on stage with their hands to their side, but now, those same people are dancing all over the stage while they sing. Things have really changed from the way it use to be 25 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment