Monday, January 26, 2004

Today was long day which we worked all day on the road outside my house.

After having trenches dug and drain pipes laid so water from my house and one of my neighbor’s houses would cross under the road instead of over the road, we started to truck in gravel.

The gravel pit is only 300 meters from my road and is below Rosa Myrig’s house. Since the weather today was a bit cold and cloudy, I went up to Rosa Myrig’s house for a bowl of hot bean soup, smoked fish and tea (since I didn’t get a chance to have lunch).

As we were talking, Rosa Myrig as usual brought up the subject of when am I going to get married. I jokingly told her that there is no rush now and informed her that I now have an heated mattress that costs me 300 dram a month to use and if I was married, a wife would cost me 300 dollars a month.

Rosa Myrig told me that the heat from a heater and the heat from a wife are different types of heat and I should not compare one to the other.

I could feel my ears getting hot and knew that I was blushing. I looked to Hurant and noticed that he was beat red and we both started to laugh.

Rosa Myrig then apologized for her comment and tried to change the subject and turned up the volume on the television.

After my tea. I returned to the work in progress, which was moving along, but it also looked like rain.

We finished up after it got dark and though it had not rained in our neighborhood where we were working, when I drove to the center of town to visit with my accountant, the ground was wet and I was told that it had rained just before I got there. Our neighborhood was spared the rain so we can work. Thank God and I hope we have the same luck tomorrow and if we do, we will complete the gravel work and all that will be left is the grader to come and level the street, thus ridding us of the mud we get when it rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment