Thursday, January 29, 2004

Yesterday bright and early, Lavrent and my dump-truck pulled up to the gravel pit under Rosa Myrig’s house and by the time it was dark, all the needed gravel was dumped on my street and all the heavy equipment was parked in my yard, extra fuel removed and the radiators emptied (in case we have a freeze).

This morning Vanig (one of my former truck drivers) came by with his crane and the concrete panels I am going to be using for the pool house as a roof, was placed in my yard and out of the street.

In short, our street is ready for the grader that the Mayor’s office will supply, to come by and level our street.

As for a weather report. It looks very favorable for street construction, but as far as farming, it’s quite bad. This year the mice are literally having a field day, eating everything they can get their mouths on and multiplying in the process. All we can hope for is a cold snap and snow, but it looks like there is nothing of the kind in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment