Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Yesterday my fiancé and I went to visit my fiancé’s aunt and uncle at their farm, as the apricots trees they have were ready to be picked.

This year is a very good year for apricots, apples and pears.

After picking and eating our fill, the sun came down and we all went to bed.

In the morning, her uncle was telling me about their chicken Marfa.

It seems Marfa is a very intelligent hen, who three days ago decided that she no longer was going to walk and since that day, was unable to eat.

What makes Marfa so special? First I want to say that none of the other chickens have names.

It seems that Marfa is very attached to my fiancé’s uncle and when he calls her, she comes running and jumps into his hands.

So what brought on this sudden condition?

Well, it seems that Marfa was listening to the radio with my fiancé’s uncle and being such an intelligent hen, didn’t like what she was hearing about the world we live in.

I’m not sure if this was a protest on her part (a sit in), or if it was spell of depression? I guess it could have been a combination of both.

This morning before leaving, I visited Marfa, who was sitting in the garage alone on the woodpile and had a talk with her to see what had happened.

After about a minute of talking with her, she stood to her feet. A little weak at first, she shook off whatever it was that was keeping her down and made her way out to the yard.

My fiancé’s uncle was quite happy and thanked me for talking Marfa out of her state.

Though Marfa’s feathers were a bit ruffled, I think she is going to fully recover.

My fiancé’s uncle said that she is a special chicken and he is going to take good care of her. She will be allowed to lay eggs for as long as she can and even when she if finished laying eggs, he will allow her to live out her life and die a natural death and have a proper stewing.

I have big plans for Marfa. I really think that in time she may just turn into something big. Who knows, maybe in a few years, she will get into politics? I know she will have very little competition in terms of being less educated that what we have now. Only problem is that all the corruption may be too much for her to deal with since so far we have seen how she deals with bad news.

Marfa for Armenian President in 2008!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment