Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Italian Comedy in Armenia

Tonight my wife and I went to see a couple of Italian comedy operas at the Gomidas State Music Conservatory.

Giovanni Battista Pergolesi’s "La Serva Padrona" was hilarious. It was 20 minutes long and had the audience laughing out loud.

The drunk horn player in the opera was a classmate of my wife’s named Nick. He came out after the opera to sit with us and his face was a bit red. He told us that things went well, all but the part when one of the actors was to slap him around and they had agreed on which direction to start the slapping and I guess they got the order wrong. Poor Nick was moving his face into the slaps instead of away from them.


Domenico Cimarosa’s "II Maestro Di Cappella" was also quite entertaining, but a bit long for my liking. Anything over 30 minutes and my ADD starts to kick in.

It’s always a pleasure to attend cultural events in Armenia, especially those that support artists who live for the art they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment