Thursday, July 20, 2006

Did you pass gas?

Tonight Khachig, a man that was recommended to me by my cousin Dickran is coming by to install a natural gas detector in our home.

I certainly will sleep soundly knowing that me and my loved one will be protected from being gassed to death while we sleep, or worse, while we are sitting around in the winter with the windows closed, not understanding why we are passing out.

It seems that the natural gas being pumped into our homes in Armenia and Artsakh has no smell. Yes, this is about as natural as you can get, but you can also get killed because of this.

In the states when gas was leaking, we knew it, as natural gas there has the smell of garlic mixed into it.

I asked a couple of people here why there is no smell and was told that in the days of the Soviet, gas had an horrible smell, but why today it has no smell is a mystery. Maybe it’s suppose to have a smell added, but the profits are better without.

Anyway, for those of you living in Armenia and are interested in having a natural gas detector install, please drop me an e-mail and I’ll put you in touch with Khachig. Oh and the price for the detector including installation is under $100.

I’ll write more on this subject and see what Khachig the professional has to say about it and let you know how the installation went.

No comments:

Post a Comment