Friday, October 10, 2003

I've noticed this artist for the last few days set-up in the middle of "Independence" Square painting and I just had to cross over and see what he was painting.

I made my way to the center, which I have to tell you is a very dangerous thing to do, as the rule in Armenia is that he who is bigger, has the right of way. Well I'm not a government official, so you can just imagine that I'm not as big as a car and for that reason, I have a great respect for the cars that are speeding around the square.

I got to the middle of the square (which is not square, but circle) and found the artist with a few people watching.

I got a look at his work and really didn't think too much of it. I'm not sure if this guy is some famous artist or if he is painting for therapy? The later makes more sense, but you never know. I get the feeling that he was contracted by the Armenia hotel for a painting in the lobby or something.

Anyway, I figured that you would enjoy seeing this picture so you can see what the new look of "Independence" Square (Circle) looks like since lots of money has been spent on it and according to President Kocharian, we were not going to recognize it, but I did and immediately noticed the shinny slick granite used on the sidewalk that if your wearing dress shoes you slip on.

Yesterday I noticed a traffic light that looked to be made in Armenia using LED's. Today that light was replaced with fancy looking incandescent lights that are most certainly high-maintenance and consume a greater amount of energy. Too bad, I really thought the LED option, especially since they were made here was a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment