Thursday, October 09, 2003

Watching CNN for me is not a good thing as I take it too seriously and I guess being that they are the pro-US news network, one should in fact ignore them entirely. I really was only watching to see what was going on with the recall/elections in California.

While watching, I got a glimpse of Bush basically giving Israel the okay to "defend themselves" against "terrorism", even if that means attacking other countries. That didn't make me too happy, as this also means that he could if need be, okay Azerbaijan to attack Artsakh in the name of defending themselves from "terrorists", which were not.

The one that got me wondering about the American public and if they are stupid was the story they ran on conventional arms found in Iraq and how they have found 650,000 tons of ammunition. They made it sound like a big deal that Sadam's army had arms that weigh as much as 65 Bowing 747's. Yea, I guess if the city of Los Angeles had that much, it would be a big deal, but for a country of the size of Iraq to only have that much ammunition, is not a big deal. I mean consider how much ammunition America has. I think America has pounded Iraq with about that much in the last war. If you use America to compare how much a country should have to defend itself, then Iraq was in fact under armed and no threat to anyone other than maybe it's own people.

Were living at a very interesting time in history and it makes me wonder who is really the treat to world stability in the big picture of things?

I also want to comment on the latest report that states that Armenia is the 77th most corrupt country in the world, with Azerbaijan and Georgia being in the top 10. Knowing how corrupt things are here, it only makes me feel better a little to know that things are changing, but have to not let our guard down and continue to work towards positive change, as we should be at least 200th. In fact I really think this is possible, that is if we really want this.

No comments:

Post a Comment