Thursday, October 09, 2003

What a small world. I just had dinner with Mama Manoogian at Raffi’s Kebab on Isahakian. It turns out that the owner Khachik, use to own Club Oasis in Eagle Rock on Colorado Blvd., the place I grew up. That was the place when I learned to drive I would look in the dark windows that acted like a mirror to watch myself drive. Very dangerous, but when your young and stupid, you don’t think about that kind of stuff.

Not to brag about the food, but it was good!!! I bet they have consistency and it’s the kind of place that you would take guest that want a normal meal. Though I came for onion rings, I ended up having a chicken korovads which was great and filling!!! I would have had onion rings, but they took them off the menu a few months ago.

They also offer a 30% discount to students, so don’t forget your student ID.

Anyway, if you’re in Armenia and looking for a good meal, stop into Raffi’s Kabab which is just off Mashtots on Isahakian, next to Nairi Cinema and very close to Paplavok Jazz Club. Their phone number is 56-34-21. Tell them I sent you and let’s see if Khachik remembers me.

BTW, I started to eat since I was starving before taking this picture, just in case you thought something was missing from my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment