Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I feel kind of bad that my log in the last month has turned into a collection of news article, but other than working on investigations that right now I can’t talk about, my life has been boring.

Let’s see what I can tell you that is a little bit about my life in Armenia/Artsakh.

The other day I got my hair cut, which as always, I turn down the offer from the barber to cut to the front of the line, but in the end, all the guys waiting insist on me going next.

I took a ride out to my lake yesterday to see how things are. Very nice weather and my guard reported to me that every now and then he gets an offer from army officers to blow up landmines in the lake to remove fish. Of course, he turns down their request. I like this guard, since every time I go to the lake, he is there, where the other guards, I rarely found at their post.

I’m in the process of working on possibly building a new business complex in the center of Martuni, which I will move the salon to and also have a bunch of shops to rent and maybe I’ll put small television and radio station there. I'm also thinking that since Artsakh is not yet recognized by the West, or anyone for that matter, I can avoid the franchise costs and put in a little McDonalds and KFC (though this didn’t stop them from putting a KFC in Yerevan).

I’m getting engaged this summer and married the following summer. If you happen to have plans to be in Armenia in June/July of 2005, let me know so I can send you an invitation.

Other than the above, I’m flooded with work, collecting evidence on anything and everything that passes my way. I’ll be soon releasing open letters, articles and the likes, at which time you will see what I’ve been up to these last couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment